Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Russia, Here I Come!

So, God willing, I am officially going to Russia! I am so, so excited. If you haven't read my previous blog about Russia, it covers a little more about the trip itself.

I'm turning in my final application materials tomorrow (I had to wait for an expedited passport name change because it was still in my maiden name -- there was an exorbitant amount of money!!). I just finished writing my prayer support letter this evening and will be sending those out shortly (some of you will see those soon!). In the mean time, I still am coveting your prayers. Specifically for:

~ Raising my support money -- $1200.
~ My visa application and letter of invitation for Russia -- we are in a hurry for these and since my passport is just now coming in, well, we are time crunched.
~ Absorbing all the information about Russia. There are a lot of things that I need and want to know about the culture, religion, and people of Russia so that I can knowledgeably minister to those I will be working with.

No comments: