Sunday, October 07, 2007

happy birthday to me...

well. today. i turned. 28. still a couple years from... shudder... my 30's. ;)

the day started out a little blah -- but i won't go there, because it got progressively better.

i had many birthday wishes via myspace, video message on my phone (mom and dad singing happy birthday -- so lovely), a serenade at church from a precious friend, and a couple phone calls. thank you, thank you to all my dear friends and family that made my day special. i needed it in a big way today.

one birthday wish i missed with all my heart didn't come. the ever faithful birthday card from my sweet grandma. she was on time, actually early, every single year for 27 years. it was tough not receiving that card this year. i don't even want to think about christmas right now and how much that will hurt...

anyway, back to the happy part!

i had a fun lunch with amanda at the ole' favorite -- rancho (rancho grande, but we're on single name terms with that place. we've been going there since the early dismissal days of high school, probably before.) it was complete with whipped cream all over my face. i'm sure i'll have pimples in those spots by tomorrow. ;) i endured all that, but didn't get a free dessert! despite amanda's comment to "take one for the team." yeah, that backfired. she did get a lovely picture though. check my myspace comments for that one... love-ly.

but, i guess that's okay... because, my neighbors remembered my birthday and brought a huge slice of tiramisu over for me. it was incredibly good. and it was from HEB of all places! i was pleasantly surprised -- because that means i can go pick up a slice from there now and then. i mean, no, i won't. because i'm starting a diet. tomorrow. or sometime next week... ;)

we were supposed to head over to scott and viv's for one of scott's famous dinners from the grill... however, vivian isn't feeling well from a minor knee surgery on friday. so, we decided to do that another night.

around 6ish, i went to ask chris and brent (our friend staying with us) what time they wanted dinner and brent offered to take us out. so, we headed out to macaroni grill. it was amazingly good. i hadn't been there in a couple years. we did a the full meal -- appetizers, main course, dessert. hey, it's only my birthday once a year... right?

and, now, here i am -- stuffed and sleepy and happy and thankful.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm so glad you had a great day...sounds like lots of special treats which is what the day is all about! I've been trying to email you at work but it keeps coming back to me...guess i'll keep trying though - they will have to let me through eventually! :) Hope to see you soon! Love ya

Julia said...

YOU are doing GREAT with your blogging! You are a fantastic writer and I hope you won't give up! I'm so GLAD you had a fun and fattening birthday - it's the ONLY way to celebrate!!! :) And I know what you mean about anticipating missing your Grandma at Christmas....I'm glad we'll be able to console each other!

Pastor Andrew said...

I am lame. I have emailed myself your birthday so now you will forever hear from me, well until my outlook crashes. I am very sorry I didn't get to say Happy Birthday on the actual day...but please forgive me and let me say Happy Belated Birthday!!! I forget you are older than me:) The first one out of the bunch to turn 28--you are so mature!