Friday, November 07, 2008

prayer alarms

i'm really horrible at remembering things. i just made a commitment to pray for courtney and her family monday morning, as they face another morning of unknowns with maggie's adoption. but, like i said... i'll probably forget all about it until i read her update on her blog. so, i'm setting the calendar on my phone with an "event" at 9:30 am to pray for them. i keep my phone on silent at work, but it lights up when i get a text or an event reminder, so i usually catch the message on time. i've found this works great for praying at a specific time for a certain issue or just things that i need to make a note to myself about. sure beats writing it on the sticky note that i will inevitably lose!!

2 comments:

Court said...

Thanks, Kelly! We appreciate it more than you know...and what a great idea to use our cell phone alarms for something as important as prayer!

Steve and Leslie (and Tucker, too!) said...

Kelly-I came across your blog as I was searching online for those beautiful Nativity sets from Poland (Nov 10, 2007 blog entry). Please contact me at leslieoakes@hotmail.com. I would love to find out how I can get in touch with this mission so I can purchase 1 (or 2 or 3) of these sets. Thanks!